Dear East Valley High School Families -
This week, teachers will be sharing grading expectations and senior timelines that have been adjusted based on the recent school closure. Teachers have been asked to post this information in each of their Google Classrooms. We remain committed to supporting all students in learning through the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Please continue to encourage your child in this distance learning journey as all students are required to engage in school work during this time in order to earn credit.
If you have any questions regarding the information below, please contact your child’s counselor or an administrator. We wish our families continued health and safety during this time!
Mrs. Crowe, Mrs. Torpey, & Mr. Martone
Senior Timelines - Class of 2020:
The following information details guidelines for EVHS Seniors in the Class of 2020 based on the long-term closure of all schools in Washington State due to COVID-19:
- Prior to the school closure, the date of East Valley High School’s graduation was Saturday, June 6, 2020. This date will remain the same.
- Due to government restrictions regarding social gatherings, we will be unable to hold our traditional graduation ceremony in June. The school is working to recognize and celebrate Seniors with an “event,” and we will continue to communicate details as these plans are finalized.
- Seniors need to be passing all required classes by Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Students can continue to engage in required coursework until the last day of school, Friday, June 19, 2020 in order to pass needed classes and earn their high school diploma.
- Teachers will notify students whether they are passing or not passing.
- If a Senior is passing required classes by this date, this will be their final day of school.
- If a Senior is not passing a class, the teacher will notify the student, the student’s parent/guardian, and student’s counselor by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Grades will not be finalized for Seniors and posted to transcripts until Friday, June 26, 2020. (This is the deadline for grades 9-12)