- Monday (December 14th) through Thursday (December 17th) elementary and middle school students will follow their AM/PM hybrid learning schedule, reporting to their school building each of these four days. EVHS students will follow their M, T, TH, F remote schedule.
- Friday (December 18th) All K-12 students will check-in online in the morning to start the day. After this morning check-in, they will have a half-day early release, as originally scheduled on our academic calendar.
More specifics on these schedule changes will be coming from your child’s school.
To accommodate these schedule changes, we will offer our Bulk Meal Service Pickup on Wednesday, December 16th, from 1-2:30 p.m. Meals can be picked up at all three of our regular sites: Terrace Heights Elementary, Moxee Elementary and East Valley Central Middle School. Students do not need to be present with families for pick-up; parents/guardians can sign for their children.
In Yakima County more than 90% of our confirmed COVID-19 cases are coming from community-based spread. We’re all in this together and we need your help to keep our students in school. As we approach winter break, the holidays, and all of the festivities that come with this season, we want to remind our families to help us keep our schools open by following the Yakima Health District’s guidelines.
- Stay home when you’re sick
- Limit social gatherings
- Wear masks and practice social distancing when you have to go out in public, and
- Practice healthy habits like regular hand washing and sanitation of high touch surfaces.