Welcome to Junior ROTC at EVHS
The East Valley JROTC is a congressionally mandated and funded course designed for students. It is a four year program that emphasizes citizenship and leadership with the program’s primary focus reflected by the mission statement “To motivate young people to be better citizens”. It is designed to teach high school students the value of citizenship, leadership, service to the community, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment, while instilling in them self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline. The East Valley JROTC program is part of the Department of Defense commitment to America’s Promise for Youth through its emphasis on service learning, community service and anti-drug effort.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: The East Valley JROTC program helps to prepare students for responsible leadership roles while making them aware of their rights, responsibilities, and privileges as American Citizens. The program is a stimulus for promoting graduation from high school and it provides instruction and rewarding opportunities that will benefit the student, East Valley High School, the surrounding community, and the Nation. Specific program outcomes describing what East Valley JROTC Cadets will know and be able to do upon successful completion of the course include:
- Maximizing potential for success through learning and self-management.
- The development of leadership skills.
- Incorporating principles of mental and physical wellness into behaviors and decisions.
- Building effective relationships with peers, co-workers and the community.
- Applying physical and political geography to building global awareness.
- Correlating the rights and responsibilities of citizenship to the purpose of U.S. Government.
- Relating events in U.S. History to choices and responsibilities Americans have today.
- Characterizing the role of the military and other national service organizations in building a democracy and maintaining peace in a democratic society.